Hello lovelies! I know it's been a while since my last post and I haven't even wished you a happy new year! I'm terribly sorry but I've been REALLY busy with my job, I really cannot remember the last time I slept properly and for more than 5 hours. I hope this will change because I really need to rest and I have time for absolutely nothing, I was working even on new year's eve :(
Anyway, enough with my drama, let's move to this post's subject (this is my 100th post by the way, woo hoo!) which is as you can see, highlighters and most specifically my 3 favorite ones. I don't own too many, but those 3 are the ones I've been using the most , that I really like and recommend.
MUA's Undress your skin
Catrice's Prime and Fine
The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer
I almost like The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer as much as I like MUA's Undress your skin highlighter, maybe if I had to pick only one I'd go with Mary-Lou Manizer, although I think they're not really comparable as the colors differ way too much.
Mary-Lou Manizer and Undress your skin are totally wearable too no matter what time it is but just because they're so pigmented you'll have to be really careful not to overdo it and blend very, very well which is slightly more time-consuming than just wearing a highlighter which is not that pigmented. (Mary-Lou by the way looks way more natural for daytime looks than Undress your skin, but they're both pretty no matter what)
From left to right : MUA's Undress your skin, Catrice's Prime and Fine, The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer)
Texture & Color:
- Mary-Lou Manizer has a golden sheen to it ,
- Prime and fine is a pinky gold shade and
- Undress your skin is a silvery pink shade(it doesn't look that natural let me say, especially if you overdo it, but it's such a unique shade and looks gorgeous especially for night make up).
Packaging & Price:
- As far as packaging goes, of course Mary-Lou Manizer has the prettiest packaging a highlighter could have, it's really sturdy and contains a mirror as well. It holds 8.5 g of product and costs around 20 euros being the priciest of all.
- Then, Prime and fine has a simple, yet elegant and sturdy packaging, very safe to carry in your bag and it holds 11 g of product. It does not contain a mirror. It costs 5,50 euros if I'm not mistaken.
- Finally, Undress your skin has the worst packaging, it's not bad looking, it may be plastic but it looks fine, the problem is I don't find it sturdy at all, the lid has broken (not that I really mind, its price is ridiculous and the product itself amazing) and it doesn't contain a mirror. It holds 7.5 g of product and costs 3 pounds.
Which one should you get?
- I only wear the Catrice one at work, I'd never go out at night wearing it because it would not be visible at all, and if you're not pale as me then I don't recommend it. If you have a fair/light skin and are looking for the most natural and subtle cheap but of good quality highlighter out there I'd say go fot it;
- Undress your skin is probably my favourite for nights out and when I'm using cool toned colors on my face,but not that much for day time. Anyway, I love it and recommend it, and there's no excuse why not buy it, it's ridiculously cheap :P
- Mary-Lou probably gets the most use out of the three because it looks nice with pretty much all colors and is appropriate for day time but can look super impressing when built up a bit for nights out as well. It may be a bit pricey, but trust me, it's worth it and all the rumours about it are true.
That being said it depends on what you're looking for, your skin color and the money you're willing to pay, all of them are amazing products in my humble opinion and all of them have a huge amount of product to last for years.
Have you tried any of them? Would you? Let me know in the comments below,